ALUMNI FOUNDATION MEETING MINUTES
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Bingham High School Alumni Foundation
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2017 – 3:15 p.m.
Members in Attendance: Scott Crump, Marilyn Richards, David Gourley, John Berg, Jill Hightower, Randy Tyson and Lynn DeMill.
Minutes submitted by Marilyn Richards
A motion from Dave Gourley and a second from John Berg approved the minutes from November 15th.
The vote to approve was unanimous.
Discussion of issues from the previous meeting:
Thank you to Lynn DeMill and Chris Richards-Khong for a great job on the Candlelight reception and award.
- It is posted on the website and Facebook
- Ken Cox, our 2016 recipient, was very thankful for this honor.
- Scanning of the yearbooks continues. Our goal this year is 15 additional yearbooks. The yearbooks are listed by class on the website.
- Newspapers from the archives are also being scanned by the newspaper staff.
- Our website has a Facebook link. Perry has consolidated all of BHS Alumni Foundation Facebook pages into one page entitled “Bingham Alumni.” The newsletter appears on our website and is advertised and linked to our Facebook page.
- Scholarship applications will be out in February and due back in April. The scholarship awards night will be held on May 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm. We plan on at least 10 scholarships this year.
- Scott will visit with Linda Sandstrom to get some ideas for the layout of the Alumni Honor Wall.
Class of 1977 will hold their 40-year reunion on August 26th (Saturday) at the Bingham High School Cafeteria. For more information, contact Mary Zervos Yannias or Margie Zoetmulder Wilker.
We’ll Always Remember:
- Lewis Wood Class of 1965
- Dallas Bunkall Class of 2006
- George O. Brockbank Custodian
- Gregory Nick Lendaris Class of 1975
Year-end Budget Report
Jill Hightower distributed copies of the year-end budget and reported the income and expenses. She stated that we should be able to award at least 10 scholarships this year. She also reported that she had given the second installment of last year’s scholarships to several students who are continuing on with their education. (There are a few students who have put their funds on hold until after missions, military, or other endeavors.)
Marilyn Richards reported that the newsletter should be out by the end of February. It will include articles about Pay Dirt and Service Award recipients, scholarship information, activities and athletics, Golden Gate Club, Sub-for-Santa, and the other on-going information.
“Our B Forever” Committee
John Berg reported on the progress of the committee.
- He stated that he’s had a difficult time getting the committee members together.
- They will meet on January 26th.
- John looked at the “U” which is about the same size and found that:
Cement was about $400K
Lights were about $450K YIKES!
- How permanent will it be?
- What if Rio Tinto changes its mind?
- Is it worth the money?
- Scott said that we want to keep the same scale of project as Cyprus High School had for their “C”.
- John talked about sterilizing the ground around the “B” to keep weeds and brush down and then possibly keep the “B” white washed but still pursue lighting.
- We need the specific dimensions.
- We need to know our options.
- More information will be shared after the January 26th committee meeting.
Michael Ann Scroggin
Athena Florez Gregory
The meeting adjourned at 4:30 p.m.
Next Meeting: February 13, 2017 at 3:15 p.m. at Bingham High School Library.