• Let's Light the B For All to See!

Filed under News, Showcase

Bingham High Alumni Foundation Meeting

Bingham High Alumni Foundation Meeting

Monday April 24, 2017   3:15 pm

Excused:  Michael Anderson, David Gourley

Attending:  Jill Hightower, Scott Crump, Deanne Curtis, John Berg, Randy Tyson, Marilyn Richards, Connie Bell, Sherm Margetts, Chris Richards-Khong

Conducting:  Scott Crump     

Minutes taken by Deanne Curtis

John Berg made a motion to accept the minutes from the last alumni meeting and Randy Tyson second the motion.  All members agreed.  (The minutes were e-mailed to all members earlier.)

Scott welcomed Connie Richards Bell who is the newest member of the Alumni Foundation.  Connie graduated from BHS in 1971.

A new display case is needed in the Media Center to contain memorabilia for the last 10 years. (2008-2017).  It has been nearly 10 years since we celebrated Bingham’s Centennial and had the original 10 decades’ cases constructed that are currently in the Bingham High School Library.  Ms Richards-Khong said she will make arrangements to have one made to match the existing cases.

John Berg reported on the progress of the “Our B Forever” committee meeting held on April 19, 2017.  Kennecott Rio Tinto wants the school or alumni foundation to write a letter requesting that the annual white washing by BHS students continue for the foreseeable future.  Steve Saltas indicated that Kennecott will try and cut an access road along side of the B this summer which will make getting up to the area to white wash it much easier.  Kennecott Rio Tinto is still interested in helping us to light the “B”.  The Foundation was happy to hear of the progress the “Our B Forever” committee was making and how accommodating Kennecott has been in helping with the “B” project.   

Marilyn reported that the newsletter will be out this week.  Scott thanked her for all the work she puts into the newsletter.

Deanne picked up the scholarships.  There were only 18 applicants, which is disappointing. In previous years we have had 50 to 60 or even more.  Nevertheless, applications were read and winners were chosen.  There will be five scholarships given this year at a reception to be held on May 16, 2017 at 6:30 in the Media Center.  Scott thanked Deanne for the work she has done on the Scholarship Committee.

The end of the year is near and the students at Bingham are busy finishing up classwork, testing and other activities.  AP testing will begin next week. The arts, music, and sports are holding their final contests and the Junior Prom will be held on April 29, 2017 at Thanksgiving Point.

The Foundation has heard from the Classes of 1972, 1977, 1987, 1997 and 2007 all of which will be holding reunions this year.  We are in the process of finding out if there are still other classes planning to hold reunions.  When we learn of additional reunions, we will post information concerning them on the Bingham Alumni Foundation website and Facebook page along with the reunions listed above.

We will always remember:  Teacher:  Mr. Duane Guymon

1964                DeAnn Tesch Densley                      1986   John Unker

1966                John Arden Andreason                    1991    Matthew Holt

The next foundation meeting will be held on May 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm.  We will hold a short meeting in the Alumni Room and then move to the library where we will set up for the BHS Alumni Foundation Scholarship night which will start at 6:30 pm. 

The meeting concluded around 4:45 pm and committee members who could stay were invited to help with the scholarship calculations. 

• Bingham High Alumni Foundation Meeting

News

LET’S LIGHT THE B FOR ALL TO SEE

News

James Margetts (Class of 1985) and Robin Pilcher (Class of 1970) Hit Pay Dirt

News

Happy Birthday Bingham High School

Showcase

BINGHAM CANYON HISTORY

News

Bingham Alumni Foundation Awards Scholarships

Showcase

Bingham’s Stetler, Westlake’s Christensen share pole vault state record

Showcase

5A boys’ soccer: Bingham keeper Rothey comes up huge on PKs to oust Westlake

News

Girls’ golf: Blair continues family’s dominance, leads Bingham to 5A title

Showcase

Soccer (Boys) Rankings

News

Prep softball: Pair of left-handers give Bingham rare look in the circle

Skip to toolbar
The official site of Bingham High School Alumni & Friends ....... Then, Now, Always  1908 - 2017
Bingham High Alumni Foundation Meeting